Sunday, January 25, 2009

1 Album, 1 Month

http://www.rpmchallenge.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,5654/

http://www.rpmchallenge.com/

I'm going to attempt to create an album from scratch in the month of February. That's 10 songs, 35 minutes total, 28 days.

I know that I've already released The Dino Soars, but I want to see what my output can really be. At my output peak in college, I made about 3 tracks per week, sustained for about 2 months.

Unfortunately, I burned out pretty quick and never got back into that kind of groove. I know that Undeniable is right in the works to be released soon, and I feel like I should be working on that (but the music is being copyrighted at the moment, so I'm stuck). This is sort of a lull where I can just go back to being the pure musician, and step away from the producing, mixing, marketing, etc for just a short while.

So. February 2009. Year of the Ox, bringing back the cycle to me, giving me the mojo I need, resetting and refreshing the musical mind of the dinosaur.

I'll keep up a weekly update for the month of February for RPM Challenge, as well as anything new from Undeniable.

I can feel that this month will be a nice, busy one.

2 comments:

Jioruji Derako said...

Wow, good luck. Once you finish the album, do you plan to release it anywhere? I'd very much love to check it out.

Stegosaurus Rex said...

I think I might, but I need to talk it over with the label first :)

Plus, I'm trying to do the next full release which is "Undeniable."